“Biological dentists, also known as holistic, or environmental dentists, operate according to the belief system that your teeth are an integral part of your body and hence your overall health, and recognize that your oral and dental health can have a major influence on other disease processes in your body. Any medical treatment performed takes this fact into account. The primary aim of holistic dentistry is to resolve your dental problems while working in harmony with the rest of your body.” [source]
If you are looking for a dentist that is knowledgeable about the safe removal and handling of mercury fillings, these sites may be able to help you find a biological dentist.
Houston Area Biological Dentists
- Dr. Bill Glaros DDS, Spring, TX, biological dentist, specializes in alternative and holistic dentistry. His practice is mercury free, mercury safe. Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Glaros. How to Find a Biological Dentist that Can Treat You Holistically.
- Dr. Marilyn K. Jones DDS, Wholistic Dental Associates, Houston, biological dentist, “performs Natural Dentistry that is good for the body as well as the teeth and gums.” Phone: 713-785-7767, Location: 800 Bering Dr Suite 204. Houston, Texas, 77057
Web Resources for Finding a Dentist
- Mercury Free Dentists in Texas
- Holistic Dental Association
- International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
- Campaign For Mercury Free Dentistry -
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine – their web site says that their certified dentists have “fulfilled the stringent requirements, set forth by the Academy, in the practice of dentistry, regarding the safe handling of Mercury restorations. This includes and is not limited to: proper patient protection for optimal safety from unnecessary exposure; proper operatory/surgery environment for limiting occupational exposure to Mercury to the personnel, during and after the procedure; and then subsequent restoration of ones dentition with materials that have been shown to be the most biologically compatible.”
- Ora Wellness has much good information and some additional links to databases of health professionals.
- Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Bill Glaros DDS, Spring, TX. How to Find a Biological Dentist that Can Treat You Holistically.
Physicians [back to the top]
What is integrative medicine? “Integrative medicine . . . is the combination of practices and methods of alternative medicine with conventional biomedicine. It emphasizes treating the whole person, with a focus on wellness and health rather than treating disease and on the patient-physician relationship. [source]
Houston Area Physicians
- Dr. Chandra G. Higgenbotham MD, ob/gyn, integrative physician. Location: The Women’s Health Solution, 1200 Binz St, Suite 380, Houston, TX 77004.
- Dr. John Trowbridge MD, specializes in cardiology and pain medicine. Phone:281-540-2329. Address: 9816 Memorial Blvd Suite 205, Humble, TX 77338. He tries to find answers to health problems without daily drugs or surgery.
Web Resources for Finding a Physician
- Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation Professionals Directory: PPNF Disclaimer: PPNF does not make value judgments about these practitioners’ training or credentials, and while each has submitted a signed application attesting to his/her training, PPNF does not verify their training or legal authorization to practice. In listing these practitioners, PPNF does not endorse, warrant, or in any way guarantee the quality, effectiveness or safety of their work.
- Find an Integrative Practitioner: The Alliance for Natural Health USA teamed up with the Integrative Medicine Consortium and other associations to provide you access to thousands of integrative providers. The database may be searched with your zip code.
Naturopathic Doctors [back to the top]
“Naturopathic medicine is a distinct primary health care profession, emphasizing prevention, treatment, and optimal health through the use of therapeutic methods and substances that encourage individuals’ inherent self-healing process. The practice of naturopathic medicine includes modern and traditional, scientific, and empirical methods.”
“Naturopathic practice includes the following diagnostic and therapeutic modalities: clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing, nutritional medicine, botanical medicine, naturopathic physical medicine (including naturopathic manipulative therapy), public health measures, hygiene, counseling, minor surgery, homeopathy, acupuncture, prescription medication, intravenous and injection therapy, and naturopathic obstetrics (natural childbirth).” [source] For an interesting explanation by a naturopathic doctor read “You’re What Kind of Doctor?”
- Dr. Dawn Ewing, PhD, Holistic Health Alternatives, is a board certified naturopath and doctor of integrative medicine and Executive Director of the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (IABDM). Phone: 281-251-4411. Location: Texas Institute of Thermographic Services, 17207 Kuykendahl Rd., Suite 151, Spring, Texas 77379
- Catherine Masden, Naturopathic Doctor, Certified Nutritional Consultant, Master Herbalist, Natural Health Solutions, Location: Rosewood Professional Building – The Atrium, Suite G-500 – 990 Village Square Dr. – Tomball, Texas 77375, Phone: 281-217-8443
- Susan Salce, Naturopathic Doctor, Certified Nutritional Consultant, Master Herbalist, Certified Personal Trainer, Natural Health Solutions, Location: Rosewood Professional Building – The Atrium, Suite G-500 – 990 Village Square Dr. – Tomball, Texas 77375, Phone: 281-217-8443
Nutritional Therapists [back to the top]
What is Nutritional Therapy? According to the Nutritional Therapy Association “Nutritional Therapists address nutrition from a holistic perspective. The NTA trainings offer a clear alternative to the grain-based, low fat nightmare that is the official diet of modern America. The Nutritional Therapy Association is founded on the beliefs of such nutritional pioneering greats as Weston A. Price and Dr. Francis A. Pottenger, considered two of the greatest scientific minds ever to research nutrition, food supplies and their effects on modern society.” [source]
Registered Dieticians (RDs) are “dietitians who meet academic and professional requirements, including earning at least a bachelor’s degree, and fulfilling a specially-designed, accredited nutrition curriculum, passing a registration exam, and completing a supervised program of practice at a health care facility, foodservice organization or community agency.” [source]
- Jennifer Doctorovich, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP), Phone: 646-263-4377, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Address: 2400 Augusta St. #325, Houston, TX 77057
- Annette Falconett, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP), Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS), Phone: 281-220-6323, Email: email@example.com
- Constance Meyer, Registered Nurse (RN), BSN, ACN, Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS), Phone: 409-392-4140, Address: 5606 Country Green, League City, TX.
- Ali Miller, Naturally Nourished, registered dietitian (RD), certified diabetes educator (CDE), certified weight management specialist, and therapeutic lifestyle healthcare practitioner applying functional medicine to address the underlying causes of illness. Ali has dedicated her career to revolutionizing food-as-medicine in treatment and prevention of disease. Phone: 832-559-0155, Address: 811 Heights Blvd., Suite 1, Houston, TX 77007.
- Nicole Walton, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP), Phone: 208-856-0084, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Address: 8100 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX 77379
Homeopathy Practitioners [back to the top]
“Homeopathy is a system of medicine which involves treating the individual with highly diluted substances, given mainly in tablet form, with the aim of triggering the body’s natural system of healing. Based on their specific symptoms, a homeopath will match the most appropriate medicine to each patient.” [source] For more information about the science, history, and origins of homeopathy, read What is Homeopathy.
- Mary Ann Layden, DipHom, Classical Homeopathy, Phone: 713-248-1338, Address: P.O. Box 271323, Houston, TX 77277. Board member of the Texas Society of Homeopathy.
- Dr. Karl Robinson, MD, Homeopathy Yes, Phone: 713-621-3184, Location: 4200 Westheimer Rd, Suite 100, Houston, Texas 77027. Dr. Robinson is a practitioner of classical homeopathy and an MD. He is the founder and a member of the Texas Society of Homeopathy.
- Sucheta Dagli Shah BHMS, MS. LAC, Practitioner of Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Herbology. Phone: 713-621-3184 or 281-703-3536, Location: 4200 Westheimer, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77027, Email: email@example.com, Member: National Center for Homeopathy, NCCAOM, TAAOM, Texas Society of Homeopathy.
Web Resources for Homeopathy
- Joette Calabrese at Homeopathy Works, is a Homeopathic Master Clinician (HMC), Certified Classical Homeopath (CCH), Registered Member of the North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH) (RSHom (Na). Joette offers a wide variety of training courses on homeopathic remedies, consultations, and blog posts about homeopathy. She may be contacted for internet video or phone consultations, seminars and interviews.
Disclaimer: We have not evaluated and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information or the quality of service provided by any of the listed professionals.