Introducing Amy Robison, Co-Chapter Leader

Amy Robison

Hello Houston/Galveston!  I am very excited to be an integral part of the growing Houston-Galveston WAPF Chapter.  Being a member of this organization for the past 3 years has truly changed my life.  I’ve spent most of my life not feeling well in some way shape or form.  From childhood I’ve dealt with chronic ear infections, colds, sinus infections, severe digestive issues, chronic headaches, fatigue and mood swings.  I went to many doctors as a child, all telling my parents the same thing: I would grow out of it.  I learned to cope as best I could and live with a constantly bloated stomach and dull headache, neither of which ever went away, and  taking antibiotics often up to 3-4 times per year.  It wasn’t until I was in my thirties when I walked out of a doctors office with a diagnosis of reflux and a prescription for nexium that I decided I’d had enough.  This was no way to live!  For the first time in my life I realized that my health was my own responsibility so I set out to   find healing.  After reading a book actually called Natural Alternatives to Nexium, I had a feeling I may be sensitive to gluten and dairy.  I went through an elimination diet for 3 months and I never looked back!  My stomach looked normal, my headaches went away, I lost 30lbs and I haven’t had a sinus infection since!  That was 4 years ago.  Soon after that transition I was introduced to the Weston Price Foundation.  I am now certified in WISE Traditions studies through Hawthorn University and am studying for my certification as a Holistic Nutrition Consultant with a goal of specializing in traditional food preparation for digestive healing.  I recently attended the amazing Simply Being Well Cooking Training with Monica Corrado.  I plan to continue with the teacher training this fall to bring the important skills of traditional food preparation to the Houston area. This journey has changed my family’s lives for the better.  I am thrilled to be part of this community and can’t wait to share my knowledge and learn from you all.

Amy Robison:  amy <at> wapf-houston <dot> org

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Introducing Amy Robison, Co-Chapter Leader

1. Linda says:

Hi Amy,

Welcome to WAPF Houston! Just wondering in what part of the city do you live?

Great story. I would love to hear more about your Wise Tradition studies at Hawthorn. I did not know that there was such a program.

Thanks

• Amy Robison says:

Hi Linda!
      Thanks for checking out our site and for the comments! I am located in the Clear Lake/League City area. The WTNC program through Hawthorn is an amazing in depth study of Dr. Price’s teachings from introduction to Dr. Price through Sally Fallon Morell’s wonderful Healthy Baby track she offers at most all WAPF conferences. All 6 courses are designed by the Weston A. Price Foundation so the information is accurate and well structured. It really set me up with a great foundation for continuing my studies in holistic health. Here is a link for more information. http://hawthornuniversity.org/WTNC/curriculum-wtnc.html All their programs are offered online and are go at your own pace which is helpful for our busy lives! If you are attending the Houston Regional conference this weekend, all the other chapter leaders and I will be attending and love to touch base with our members. I hope to see you there! Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help! Here is my email if you’d like to contact me directly regarding the program. amy@wapf-houston.org

2. Jackie Hunt says:

Hi Amy
    I just started a WAPF chapter in Brazoria County and will be attending the regional conf this weekend. I would love to meet you and learn more about your skills and knowledge. I have not got my Chapter going yet, but when I do, I may be looking for occasional speakers. I also lead the Gluten Intolerance Group (of the Gulf Coast) and am always looking for speakers for our monthly meetings. Would love to talk to you!

• Amy Robison says:

Hello Jackie-
      Congratulations on beginning the Brazoria chapter! That is very exciting! I would love to meet up with you this weekend and discuss working together in the future. I am also very interested in the Gluten Intolerance Group you head up and would like to learn more about that. I will be at the conference tomorrow late afternoon and for dinner and then all day Sunday. You can contact me at amy@wapf-houston.org and we can arrange to meet. I look forward to seeing you there!
      Amy Robison

3. marcy duncan says:

Amy i need some guidence and help! i have a list of farmers for raw milk and grassfed meats but its so confusing where they are and the different products each of them have. i would love to talk to someone and see where they go or what they like or whats closest and delivery ect. would you be willing to help me ?

• Amy Robison says:

Hello Marcy!
      I am very happy to help! I will be sending you an email to get more information regarding your location and your interests and needs. If you do not see something from me by Sunday evening, please email me at amy@wapf-houston.org in case my email does not come through. I look forward to chatting with you!
      Kind Regards,